Thursday, December 22, 2005

 

I, Fatty

So, I'm in bed, with ssssssplitting headache and staggering amounts of phlegm...and on Court TV, there's some show (not a very good one) about the Fatty Arbuckle trials...which reminded me of one of the best reads of the year: Jerry Stahl's I, Fatty. A really great first person account of a life ...Stahl captures a wonderful voice and the prose is first-rate. Worth checking out. So long as you bought mine first--I'm all for helping out a fellow LA-area writer, but me first, after all. And, of course, after you buy copies of Tod Goldberg's new book Simplify...but you've already done that...or, I'm sure you'd be getting a sock full of coal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1582345821/qid=1135311234/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-6454728-9165726?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Comments:
you are officially pardoned :) happy holidays, T

R
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?